The Standing Hamstring Stretch is one of the most popular stretches we do in Active Care.
If you are suffering from lower back pain, it could be caused by tight hamstrings. You can do this stretch at home to relieve your lower back pain.
- Start by standing in front of a chair or a stool.
- Lift one foot up and rest your heel on the chair or stool, if you feel unbalanced, walk your back foot closer to the chair or balance yourself with a hand on the wall.
- With toes pointed toward the ceiling, but foot relaxed, lean forward hinging at the hip (keep your chest up with neck neutral).
- Hold for 60 seconds (time it) and switch sides.
- Do this 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes.